cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookup object with & in the name

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2022

Is anyone using the lookup object in an automation were the value includes & in it? I have an automation that is looking up approvers based in the department, and one of our departments has an & in its name and the lookup fails if I reference the custom field in the query. But if I manually enter the department name in the query it says the syntax is valid. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 12.13.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 12.13.36 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2022

Hi @Mikael Sandberg 

First thing, I am not using Lookup Objects in our instance...with that disclaimer covered...

I wonder if you escape that for the exact string match if it would be accepted, such as with:

"Department Name" = "\"Finance & Legal\""

Kind regards,
Bill

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2022

Escaping it doesn't work either unfortunately, the error message is the same and it cuts off the query after finance. It looks like it might be a bug in the lookup.

I have a workaround by using a Dispatcher automation that sends a web request to the automation that does the actual work based on department, and in the case of the one that has the & in it I use the key instead to get the object.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2022

I just did a quick look in the Automation Cloud and the old Code Barrel backlogs and did not see this symptom.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2022
Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2022

Thanks!  I missed finding that one in my searches as I was checking the wrong projects  :^)

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events