Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookup Issues not finding all child issues in Epic

Colleen Gotling August 22, 2022

I am using Lookup Issues in automation to count the number of child issues.  For most of the Epics, this is working but I noticed that when we have a child issues that happens to belong to another project, it does not include it although it has the correct Epic name which I am using for the search.  

Here is the query I use in my rule:  

issuetype in (Bug, "Client Story", "Non-Quattro Bug", "Non-Quattro Story", Story, Task) AND "Epic Link" = "{{issue.Epic Name}}" and Status in("Warranty", "Done")

And here are the child issues it is finding.

lookup issues.PNG

And here is the same query in my filter with the child issues found.

query results.PNG

Here is a screenshot of the Epic.  As you can see, CS2-84 is a child issue of CS-126 so why wouldn't my automation recognize it?

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

hi @Colleen Gotling ,

I have not attempt this myself. The first thing that comes to mind is whether the automation is global or not? I would think that it would either have to be global or at least a multi project automation. Do you likely have already thought of this but wanted to throw it out there.

Colleen Gotling August 22, 2022

Thank you for replying but I think I found my issue.  It is a global rule with multiple projects but the CS2 project I forgot to include.  Now it works.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events