Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookup Issue not available in Actions

Kunal Kumar April 3, 2023

Hello All , 

I have a use case where I run a JQL scheduled everyday to look for issues that have mandatory fields missing and a consolidated email needs to be sent to the reporter of those issues with the list of all such issues opened by them. However,  I do not have the "lookup issue" feature available to me under Actions. 

Is there any other way I can achieve a similar output ? 

2 answers

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Hi @Kunal Kumar 
I agree with @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ regarding a subscription filter but also I see another option.

You say this is about mandatory fields missing....as in, not populated (I presume??). This implies that the fields are not marked as mandatory in their field scheme. If they were, this scenario could not occur.

This is how to in Cloud Solved: How to make a custom field mandatory in 1 project (atlassian.com) But from memory it is pretty much the same in Server.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Hi @Kunal Kumar 

What do you mean you don't have? I mean on jira automation this is a standard component:

lookup.png

Can you please share a screenshot of what you see?

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_  Please see below Nothing comes up as lookup under the actions

20230403_154048-min.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2023

@Kunal Kumar you are on Jira server and not on cloud. Lookupissues is not available on jira server, but here's an issue which you can watch https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JIRAAUTOSERVER-53

The above issue is in progress, meaning that it could potentially be in the next release.

Like Kunal Kumar likes this

Is there any other way to achieve my use case in the meantime ?

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2023

Why you don't create a subscription filter and share this filter with them? It will have the same effect (send a list to the ones you define) https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver0820/working-with-search-results-1095249325.html#Workingwithsearchresults-subscribeSubscribingtoyoursearchresults

Lookupissues is often used if you want to perform operations using the looked-up issues and their fields. But this is not your case. You just want the list of these issues, right?

Like Curt Holley likes this
Kunal Kumar April 4, 2023

But I need to send an email with the list of issues to the reporter which is not a fixed list. Any member of an application team can come and create a support request on our board and due to the nature of work cannot ask all of them to subscribe to my filter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events