Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging Time when 'Updated'

Jamie Wilson May 23, 2023

I have an automation to log 0m whenever an issue is 'Updated'. Several updates seem to not be triggering the automation. I've found that 'Updating' is classed as when a field is changed. 

Does a status change, or commenting, also count as 'Updating'? 

For further info on my use case, there is a condition in the automation that only triggers when the Initiator is within a specific group of people. I've checked that all the correct people are in the group, and it works sometimes but I can't see a trend.

The Actor for the time log automation is set to be the Initiator. 

Logging 0m against a ticket means it will show up in our Clockwork free Timesheet for the team to easily see the issues they've Updated/worked on and then log time at the end of the week. 

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Gracjan Wesołowski _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2023

Hi @Jamie Wilson 

my name is Gracjan and I'm Customer Success Export at HeroCoders, the team behind the Clockwork app.

Actually, my College is using similar automation with this approach. You might consider adding 1m instead of 0m to have better visibility on the Timesheet/Calendar.

You might consider using the trigger "Field Value Changed" and include custom fields that you want to use to trigger this automation. As far as I know, the issue updated is excluding some fields like the Link issueAssign issue, and Log work actions.

You can also add several automation with different triggers like transition, comment/internal comment. I think that the issue updates would trigger too many actions. Using specific triggers would optimize the executions.

If you will do some more tests, please share the results/audit logs in case there is some weird behavior so we can troubleshoot it.

Cheers!

Gracjan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events