cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking the Epics of Linked Stories

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2020

Hi

I'm trying to create automation triggered by "Issue Linked" where it then goes off and creates the same link type between Epics (where Epic's exist for both stories) of those stories.

So far, I've got it able to link the Destination issues Epic to link back to the trigger issue, but that is linking back to the story  and depending which way the linking points, it can be back to the story that is in that Epic.

Any ideas on how I can get the two relevant epics linking?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2020

Hey @Bill Sheboy 

I got it working this morning....was simpler than expected. See below:

D roll up2020-11-16 112541.png

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2020

Hi @Curt Holley 

Have you considered using a branch with some JQL to access the epics?

Perhaps pasting an image of the rule you have thus far, and note specifically what is not working, will help the community provide ideas.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events