Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Issues Status Updates with different workflows

Evan Giordanella December 3, 2021

I have a service desk project and when an agent transitions an issue to "Waiting for Development" it creates an issue in a different project. When the target issue moves from "TODO -> IN PROGRESS" I want to update the service desk project's tickets' status to "DEVELOPMENT IN PROGRESS".  I can not find a way to update linked tickets statuses that do not match the same status.  Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2021

What are the tools you got on disposal?

As far as I know you can do that with the plug-ins automation or the plugin script runner. 

There's plenty of way for doing this (depending of the use case) so can you please add a bit more informations :

• Is it possible to add more than one issue from the target issue?
  • Have you set up a link between the issues?

As I know more about this I'll be able to help you more! 

Evan Giordanella December 4, 2021

Hi, yes the service desk project adds a link to the engineering team's project. The ticket is "caused by" as the link type. I do not have any plugins since I am hoping to do this with just automation that is provided. 

Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2021

OK so you have automation witch is a plugin.

I guess you're on cloud version since automation is given for free only on cloud version! I'll take some time tomorrow to do some tests but it should be some kind of :

When transition 

If status is 

Then 

Branch > On linked issue (you can chose all link or specify the link) 

Transition to status...

I'm on my phone so I'll be not able to be more precise but with this you should be able to make some test and get something working 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events