Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link two issues when they are created with a workflow

Maia N_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 21, 2023

Hi!, I'm trying to make a workflow that links two incidents that are from the same sender, they always fall by 2 and have similar summaries,

Any ideas? I can't get to link

2 answers

1 vote
Tony Langlet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2023

Hello @Maia N_ 
You can use Jira Automations for this.

I'm not sure how your issues are being created, are they being created directly after each other or are they being created separately.

There are different approaches to your solution dependent on the background. 

Option 1: Find an issue with summary

You can use the field contains functionality, when an issue is being created, look for for other issues with similar summary. You can also add where the reporter are the same in the advanced compare condition, followed by a link issue task.

2023-04-24 09_58_43-Automation - Jira.png

Option 2: Link with most recently created issue

If there's an automation to create a ticket directly after another one is being created you could use the Link with most recently issue. 

2023-04-24 10_04_07-Automation - Jira.png

There are more options to add here and combining different parts of the Jira automations can achieve the same result. 

1 vote
Jeroen Poismans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

Hello and welcome to the Atlassian Community!

So, I don't think a workflow postfunction is going to be the place to do this, rather than an Automation. 

Do both issues belong to the same project? I assume they do since you mention "sender" I would think both issues get created in the same project?

If not, are the 2 projects fixed or can they vary?

Regards,

Jeroen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events