cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link duplicate or similar issues using summary string

Elizabeth Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2024

I have a single project where we collect feedback. I would like to have automation run anytime new feedback is submitted and perform similarity matching and link any potentially related issues already in the backlog to the most recent issue submission to be verified by a human at a later date. I have scoured the community but wasn't able to find what I was looking for and have been unsuccessful in building any automation to do this to date. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so what steps might be required to build this out? Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2024

<EDIT>

I misunderstood ask here by @Elizabeth Jones  and below is not relevant /not needed, but I will leave below, though incorrect, for others who may have similar use case but ended up here.

Below rule example is to link lookup issues to trigger'ed issue in Cloud edition.

Given an issue is created, it will link (relates to) to others with similar summary, to the issue which was created.

You could further refine it to limit summary search or add additional clauses or change link type of course.

image.png

If we want to do the hard way, we could do advanced branch and link them manually, but end result is the same as above.

image.png

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2024

Hi @Elizabeth Jones 

I seem to recall there is a Jira Service Management (JSM) feature which supports finding "similar" text values, including in automation rules, but that feature does not exist for other Atlassian products.

If you have a set of known keywords / phrases, those text strings could be checked with JQL and rules.  You may want to investigate if there any features like this in the Atlassian Marketplace; I would expect they would need to continually poll the data to find the similar things.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events