Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira automation "Create issue with "more options""

Benoit January 5, 2021

Hi everyones,

Is someone can tell me why this is not working?

I use jira automation to create task.

My problem is when I create more than one issuelinks. this solution works for components. so i know that my syntax is ok. please see the bold character for the part that is not working.

Please help

{
"fields": {
"Epic Link": "{{#createdIssues.get(4)}}{{key}}{{/}}"
},
"update":
{"issuelinks":[{
"add": {
"type": {"name": "Blocks"},
"inwardIssue": {"key": "{{#createdIssues.get(8)}}{{key}}{{/}}"}
} },{
"inwardIssue": {"key": "{{#createdIssues.get(7)}}{{key}}{{/}}"}
} },{
"inwardIssue": {"key": "{{#createdIssues.get(6)}}{{key}}{{/}}"}
} },{
"inwardIssue": {"key": "{{#createdIssues.get(5)}}{{key}}{{/}}"}
}
}]
}
}

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Hi @Benoit 

Would you please post an image of your rule and audit log for context?

What is happening when you say it is not working?  For example, does it show an error, not add the links, or do something unexpected?

Best regards,
Bill

Benoit January 6, 2021

no error, it keeps only one link.

I think the Automation is based on the rest API and the rest API does not support more than one link at a time...

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Hmmm... Have you tried to add the links one at a time with separate actions?  It appears that you have a known number of issues to link.

Benoit January 6, 2021

Your proposed strategy is possible if I modifying the trigger issue, but the current situation is that I am creating a bunch of Epic and Issues. (kind of a template) So I have multiple dependency for all those different issues created.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2021

Hi Benoit,

Thanks, and I understood that from your JSON snippet.  I noted your use of {{createdIssues}} with specific issues, such as get(8), and so I wondered if you could update the target issue with the links one at a time.  Apologies if I am misunderstanding your use case.

Thanks,

Bill

Benoit January 6, 2021

simple answer, it happened in some cases, that from one issue, 4 cannot be started before the first issue is done. Then those 4 issues need to be closed before the next one start.

I can do that manually, but with automation I can't figure it out.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2021

Okay, there could be timing issues.  The pieces of an automation rule can execute asynchronously, which certainly causes some problems.

Would you please post an image if the full rule?  That will help the community see some context for the symptom you are seeing.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events