cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira automation based on Bitbucket's Pull Request approval status

Paweł Wiśniewski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 14, 2023

Hello,

I'd like to create Jira automation (moving issue from one column to another) based on the approval status of connected PR. So for example if PR is approved, automation is run, and the task is moved to "waiting for merge" column. Similarly, "request changes" would move the task to "To be fixed" column.

Is there a way to do this? I have so far:

• discovered there is no trigger like this in automation,
  • learned that Jira's custom integration, receiving POST requests, is incompatible out of the box with bitbuckets webhooks, as the latter won't allow customizing payload, and it's format is not what Jira expects (or at least that's what I understand from the docs).

So it looks to me at this moment, that the only possibility is to have a custom, separate endpoint set up, which will accept bb webhooks, process it, and then send another request to Jira - which obviously is not something I want to do for this relatively straightforward task I want accomplished.

Is there any other way to achieve what I want?

1 answer

0 votes
John Paul Wilkens
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 10, 2024

I don't believe it's possible with the current automation rules. I've been looking / waiting for this feature for a couple years. Would be nice to see it, or see if someone has figured out a webhook solution.

Grzegorz Bąk August 26, 2024

Same here! I'm looking at how to trigger automation when a pull request is approved or changes are requested. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events