Jira - Setting 'Reporter' of automated task not working with 'Customer' user accounts

Zam Stuart June 17, 2022

Hi Atlassian Community, 

I have set up a straightforward automated user request which runs every month in Jira Service Managment.

I would like to set the 'Reporter' field to a specific customer via the field criteria in the automation settings, screenshot below. However, when I do this the customer does not seem to get any notification when the task is created or receive the 'reply to customer' messages sent directly from the ticket. 

If the user creates a request through the portal they get the notifications as expected so their account is set up and working correctly. I have also tested myself (an agent) as the reporter and I get a notification when the rule is run, it's just the customer that doesn't seem to be connected to the request as expected. 

I am wondering if there is some setting that I am missing to link the customer to the automation rule so that they receive the notification when created and can access it through the portal. 

Hope you can help, 

Thanks, 

Zam 

Jira Automation.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

Are you setting the request type field on the task? If that field is not set the issue will not be visible on the portal.

Zam Stuart June 20, 2022

Hi Mikael, 

No, I haven't created a 'Request Type' for this task so that sounds like the missing piece of the puzzle.

I will try that and see how I get on. 

Thanks for your expertise.

Zam 

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Zam Stuart July 8, 2022

Hi @Mikael Sandberg 

I have added a 'Request Type' for this automated task of 'Business as Usual'. 

However, when I try to set the 'Request Type' in the automation options I get the below message.

request type option.PNG

request type error.PNG

I have had a play around with different settings and read up on some articles on the knowledgebase but I can't see what I am missing. 

Can you fill in the gap for me? where am I going wrong? 

Thanks, 

Zam 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2022

You cannot set the request type using the edit issue action, you have to use the Edit request type action in order to do it.

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 8.39.55 AM.png

Like Zam Stuart likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events