Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk To Software Kanban Base Case Issue

Dat Mai May 20, 2022

I am trying to have customers fill out a request in Jira Service Management and have those requests appear as issues in Jira Software (all on the cloud). The request is a basic one, where customers would only fill out the default summary field. I am using automation to do this starting with the most basic case (just create an issue, not even populating custom fields):

Automation rule:

Screenshot 2022-05-20 103530.pngScreenshot 2022-05-20 103608.png

However, with this, I get an error:

Screenshot 2022-05-20 104036.png

Looking around, I only see related issues in the context of modifying custom fields (which is something I will look into later). However, I thought this would be more straightforward and should result in no errors. Is there any advice on how to solve this problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

Hi @Dat Mai

• I don't think you need re-fetch, so you can remove that.
  • Check that the rule is set in the admin global administration and set it to multiple projects where the rule is running.
  • Check of there are any validators In the Kanban project. If you are missing mandatory fields the automation will fail. Create a task manually and see if this could be an issue.

Regards

Dat Mai May 23, 2022

Thanks @Fabian Lim ,

I just checked all this and it looks like point 3 is the issue--for some reason, I'm unable to manually create a task there despite having been able to before.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events