Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Automation to remove fix version from child issue IF removed from parent Epic

John Carson December 3, 2020

Note that my epics are in a different project from the child stories. I have the exact same named version created in both projects. I have successfully created an automation that adds the fix version to the child story if a fix version is added to the parent epic.

New requirement: if I remove a fix version from the parent Epic I want to remove that exact same fix version from the child issue. There may be other fix versions on the parent and child that need to remain untouched, this needs to only work if the scenario is that the exact same fix version (by name at least) is set on the child as is removed from the parent Epic.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

Hi @John Carson 

Fix Version is a list field, and unfortunately there is no single item remove function for lists in automation yet.

I was able to make a work-around for this by converting a list to a string, removing the target item, and then converting back to a list.  My example is for the Component field.  Please take a look here if you want to try it:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/how-to-delete-specific-issue-components-using-automation-for/qaq-p/1534864

Best regards,

Bill

John Carson December 4, 2020

@Bill Sheboythank you very much for your attention to this. I will play with your proposed workaround today!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events