Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Automation - Send email notification when an epic is complete

Deleted user November 24, 2020

Hi, I'm new to Jira Automation and I need your help.

This is what I am looking for:

Phase 1: Once all issues in an epic are fixed, the epic would be marked as done

Phase 2: An email would be sent informing that "The epic of this project was fixed" with a list of issues covered in the epic.

The first phase is done. I am able to send the email having "epic summary" and "project name", but I can't find a way to list issues that are inside the epic. I tried using smart values custom fields but it didn't help.

Screenshot of what I have done this far:

pic.png

It would be great if someone could help me out.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020

Hi @[deleted] 

Have you tried to use LookupIssues yet?  Before you send the email, you could use LookupIssues with JQL to get the children of the Epic, and then send the list in the email, such as using markup for a list with links:

Here is the list of issues in the epic:
<ul>
{{#lookupIssues}}
<li><a href="{{url}}">{{key}}</a> {{summary}}</li>{{/}}
</ul>

Best regards,

Bill

Deleted user November 26, 2020

It Worked! Thank you @Bill Sheboy for the help. 

Is there any way to list "time logged on an issue" as well? I did go through the documentation for "Lookup issues" but didn't found its solution.

time logged.png

Again, thanks for the help!

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2020

Hi John,

I am glad that helped.

No additional fields with LookupIssues yet.  There is an item in the Code Barrel backlog to add more fields to that feature: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-1996

__Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events