Jiara Automation if there's no movement on the ticket after 12 hours

Gucci
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2023

Hi Team 

Good day and I hope you are doing well.  Tried using this JQL - "Service Desk Origin" in ("Enterprise Sales Order","Enterprise Sales Support") and status = "Open" and not status CHANGED AFTER -12h and assignee is not empty  - to capture all tickets with "Open" status and no movement, updates and changes made on the ticket after 12hours.

But for some reason some of the tickets would receive a notification after 4 hours instead of 12 hrs.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2023

Hi @Gucci

Did you already try executing the JQL in the advanced search? This way, you can test if the tickets which have been mistakenly matching the query are actually not included in the result.

Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2023

@Gucci Based on your answer above, I think what you are actually looking for is not "status changed after -12h" but "updated < -12h". The former expression only looks at status changes (e.g. moving a ticket from "Open" to "To Do"), while the latter actually checks if anything changed in a ticket, including the assignee for example.

So, your query needs to be something like:

status = "Open" and updated < -12h and assignee is empty

This returns all open tickets which have not been modified in the last 12 hours and have no assignee.

Gucci
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2023

Hi @Michel Neeser 

Got it! thanks - let me try this one and will get back to you right away.  Appreciate your help !

Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2023

@Gucci Please consider accepting the answer if it worked, maybe it is helpful for others too. Thank you!

Gucci
Atlassian Team
May 16, 2023

Thanks @Michel Neeser  it worked!

0 votes
Gucci
Atlassian Team
May 14, 2023

Hi @Michel Neeser 

Thanks for looking into it. I already tried testing the JQL and was able to get results, but when I checked the ticket i got this results:

• it was assigned on May 12, at 8:18 am ut the notifcation was sent on May 13  at 6:03am (10hrs)
  • 2nd ticket - it was assigned on May 11 at 1:19 am but notification was sent on  the same day at 6:02 am
  • 3rd ticket which I can no longer  find since the status wa already changed - but when it was initially assigned after 4 hours a notification was sent 

Goal is to sned notification to all tickets with"Open" Status and  no changes- movement - made on the ticket acter 12 hrs a notification will be sent out and ticket should be  assigned.

Hope you can help me.  Thansk in advance

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events