I am using a simple JQL Branch after manual trigger that is 'validated' using the inbuilt tool (lower right of input box) and finding one issue but when the rule actually runs it throws an error claiming it cant find any issues. What could be the difference between the validation and the actual execution?
Which project is calling this rule? If you are branching to a different project, you need to ensure that you set this rule as a global rule and set the multiple projects that the rules applies to.
Thanks for the help Fabian, I did have the rule scope setting set to single project and was calling the rule from that project. However on your prompting I changed the rule scope to global and it now works. There were obviously issues with my Multiple Project and Single Project rule scope
I am glad to learn you got the rule to work.
Just a heads up: Please note the license level and execution limits for global/multi-project rules if you are using cloud version, so check with your site admin to confirm how many executions you get per month.