Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL branch not working when using trigger "Issue deleted"

Cédric Cox October 23, 2020

Hi everyone,

I am dealing with a strange limitation of JIRA automation. Here is the simple rule:

bug.PNG

I try to reach the epic issue of a subtask by using a JQL branching. When using this on a "issue created" trigger, all works well. But when, in this case, I use it in a "issue deleted" trigger, here is what I get:

Error searching for related issues. This is most likely because the following issues don't have a related issue of the type you specified. Try narrowing your search to only include issues that contain links to related issues:

IPUFRA-220: "((key = IPUFRA-96) AND (key != IPUFRA-220)) AND (project in (10034))" - An issue with key 'IPUFRA-220' does not exist for field 'key'.

The JQL is not working because of the clause (key != IPUFRA-220) which seems to be added automatically. But for this trigger, this will always results in this error! This clause is not necessary. Any workaround with this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yvan Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2020

Hi Cédric,

Developer from Automation here, currently there is a limitation with our JQL branch that continues to add that issue protection when that issue would have been deleted. This is generally necessary to prevent the current issue being processed twice, but in combination with an issue deleted trigger this check should no longer be called.

I've raised a public improvement here to address this, but it's not currently in our roadmap so there's no ETA on a fix: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-2067

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers.

Cédric Cox November 8, 2020

Hello Yvan,

Thank you for the raised improvement. Currently I found a workaround by calling a Automation webhook where I performed the necessary actions.

Cédric

Alessandro Cnapich August 4, 2021

I have a similar issue. Could you please provide some detail on the workaround you implemented?

Thank you

- Alessandro

Cédric Cox August 5, 2021

Hi Alessandro,

You have to send un web post request like this:

1.jpg

Where the body is defined as

15.jpg

After that, you create another rule to catch the post request, like this:

2.jpg

Where the webhook is defined as:

3.jpg

And then, you can do this:

4.jpg

Hope this helps,

Cédric

Doods Perea July 8, 2022

Hi Cedric - may I ask for the full Webhook URL?  I am on Jira Cloud.

The only thing not working in my Automation Rule is that when a child ticket is moved, the source parent ticket’s “Original Estimate” value is NOT updated.

Thanks in advance.

Doods

0 votes
Alessandro Cnapich August 5, 2021

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events