Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL Query Historical Data

Billy April 19, 2022

Is there a JQL Query to use historical data to see original date and the final date of a sprint. 

I am trying to use a historical data to query this to find the dates of what I originally put for the sprint and where it actually ended. 

1 answer

1 vote
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2022

Unfortunately the WAS operator only works on a very select group of built-in fields:

(Note: This operator can be used with the Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution, and Status fields only.)

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-operators/#Advancedsearchingoperatorsreference-WASWAS

I've not tried this add-on, but it purports to let you export issue history if you needed to do analysis on custom fields:

Issue History for Jira 

I think there used to be something similar for Server/Data Center...

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2022

Ah, I think I was remembering the venerable Time in Status add-on, but I'm not 100% sure the whole history is available.

Another app I found that looks interesting is this:

Issue History Collector

And this is a pretty great article by @Prince Nyeche on how you can probably extract this information using the REST API:

Extracting complete issue history via API 

Alas, none of this is as simple as a JQL query though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events