Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Automation is being extremely slow

Abdeladim EL AOUMARI July 1, 2021

Rules that usually takes couple seconds to execute are taking ~15 minutes to run.

is there anyone facing the same situation ?

1 answer

0 votes
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Hi @Abdeladim EL AOUMARI , 

• are you on server, DC, cloud? 
  • Is your instance overall "slow"? 
  • Are all the rules slow or only specific one(s)?
  • Is the duration of the rule (in audit log) actually that long? 

Please provide more information when asking a question, so the problem can be identified more easily ;) 

- Tessa

Manuel Venegas July 1, 2021

How long has this been happening for you? Where’s your instance based? (Region)

Like Tessa Tuteleers likes this
Abdeladim EL AOUMARI July 1, 2021

hi @Tessa Tuteleers and @Manuel Venegas 

Sorry for being non-exhaustive in the original post, I wanted to check if someone was having the same situation as me. 

It seems that everything is back to normal now, my rules are executed in usual speed.

I was having this situation between ~11h - 12h french time. I tried different browsers and for 2 different instances (different automation rules...)

• are you on server, DC, cloud? --> Cloud
  • Is your instance overall "slow"?  --> no
  • Are all the rules slow or only specific one(s)? --> all rules
  • Is the duration of the rule (in audit log) actually that long?--> the duration in the audit log is like usual (the rules were triggered after a delay...)
  • Where’s your instance based? (Region) -->France
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Hi @Abdeladim EL AOUMARI , 

I don't see anything major on their statuspage, but something could have been going on that doesn't show here. 

Your answers indicate a problem on their side, and since the problem is no longer there, there is little we can do now ;) 

Hope it stays this way! 

ps: try to add tags to your question whenever possible like "jira-cloud" or something. A lot of users have feeds for specific types of questions, you'll get faster and more answers ;)  + other people with similar questions can find it better. I took the liberty of adding some myself. 

Cheers, 

Tessa

Like Abdeladim EL AOUMARI likes this
Thom Schanzleh August 12, 2021

Hello there,

We're currently facing the same issue, so I figured I'd post a reply here. First, let me answer the questions above:

• are you on server, DC, cloud? Cloud
  • Is your instance overall "slow"? No, only automation
  • Are all the rules slow or only specific one(s)? All of our rules are slow
  • Is the duration of the rule (in audit log) actually that long? No, it seems like the Automation is simply firing very late.
  • Where is the instance based? We are in the Netherlands. I don't quite know how to discover where our instance is running.

The Automation statuspage says that all systems are operational, but I suspect our issues are caused by our testing of the rules. We use them to put templates into issue descriptions, and to test I've been creating and deleting issues at a high rate. The automation service is now throwing errors on all the deleted issues (which I deleted because the rule had seemingly not worked, and it is set to run at creation time), but it has been doing so for nearly an hour, with intervals ranging from five to fifteen minutes per issue. As I write this, the rules still seem to be slowly chugging away, though the audit log says they're being handled quickly.

Like a0703454 likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events