Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is possible to create an automation rule than it creates a issue in another atlassian account?

Jesús Rafael Martínez Jiménez September 27, 2022

I'm looking for to create an issue from my account to another JIRA account, and I don't know if this is possible.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

@Jesús Rafael Martínez Jiménez If you're wanting to create an issue in another instance, you would need to use the Trigger Webhook automation action and create an issue over the API

Here are some links which may help:

Create an API token - you will need to do this in your destination account, encode it and then will use this Basic auth token in your triggering webhook authorization

Create issue over the API 

Jesús Rafael Martínez Jiménez September 28, 2022

Thank you, @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_

Let me check this option to try to implement it.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Hi @Jesús Rafael Martínez Jiménez 

just to clarify that we are on the same page:

with „in another account“ you mean create an issue „in the name of another user“ within the same jira instance/site?

Best
Stefan

Jesús Rafael Martínez Jiménez September 27, 2022

Hi, @Stefan Salzl 

I mean, in a different instance, I need to replicate some when are created issues using Automation and I don't know if it's possible to do.

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2022

So if it‘s a whole different site (which means the 2 instances have different domains) it‘s not possible with simple jira automation actions. If you are familiar with Rest API you I guess it would be possible.

Best
Stefan

Like Christophe ARAIGNON likes this
Jesús Rafael Martínez Jiménez September 28, 2022

Thank you so much for your answers, @Stefan Salzl 

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
0 votes
Adam Rivera September 30, 2022

I believe I am having a similar issue. I created an automation that creates a new issue on a different board/project in the same instance when a certain label is used. However, it does not copy over the summary, description or attachments. Any ideas?

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2022

Hi @Adam Rivera 

My first guess without knowing the details would be that it’s a single project rule. In lrder to process in other projects than the one the rule was triggered the rule needs to be configured as a multi-project or gloabl rule. This can be done in the rule details.

Best
Stefan

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

@Adam Rivera And if ^this is the case, you will need to amend this project scope via the global automations page (System > Global Automation), by selecting 'Multiple Projects' and then adding both the triggering and receiving projects to the scope in the Rule Details section

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events