Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there logic to have a field populated with the next unreleased version that ends in ".1"?

Davielle Boyce-Hotz August 4, 2022

I am looking to utilize an automated rule that will populate the next unreleased version (that ends in ".1") into the fix version field, upon being transitioned into a specific status.

Presently, our Fix Version releases have naming conventions that are labeled as "v.3.55.1", where "v.3.55.2, v.3.55.3, etc." would be hot-fixes.  In the rule, the goal would be to have the field populated with the next unreleased version that ends in ".1", in order to avoid the issue being updated with a hot-fix version.

The logic to pull in the next unreleased version exists, though it does not address the issue in which we are attempting to resolve. I am hoping to receive feedback in reference to how to have the version selected based upon the criteria of ending with ".1"

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2022

Hi @Davielle Boyce-Hotz -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Short answer: no.

Longer answer, and possible work-arounds:

In Jira, the "next unreleased version" is the one at the bottom of the list in the release/version list (without changing the sort order in that view).  If your ".1" version is at the bottom of the list, you could find it just using the built-in rule features.

If it is not the "next" one, and there is one-and-only-one unreleased version with a ".1" at the end of the name, you could call the REST API to get all versions for the project, using a rule's web request, and then filter to find the correct one.

Otherwise, this may not be possible as I do not believe you can access the ordering of the versions from outside of the user interface with out-of-the-box Jira features.  There might be a marketplace addon which can help with this.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events