Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to trigger versions created not matching a specific version name?

Larry Katz December 18, 2020

Basically I have a trigger for Version Created.
When that version is created, it does a thing (created a "Release Candidate" ticket in that version automatically)

This works great.

The issue is, I need to add a new fixversion and use it all all 50 projects we have when we are NOT releasing anything (called "norelease") which i'll use in another automation.

I see on the new version created trigger you can add regex to match a fixversion name. I'm trying to do the reverse.

Also,
Our fixversion names are not following a specific standard 100% of the time so I can't do a match, but I can do a exact match on what I do NOT want this to fire. which is the "norelease" name.

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 11.42.39 AM.png

"On version creation if the name = exactly "norelease" then do nothing, if it does proceed with the automation."

I tried to branch this using JQL but got an error:
"Branch rule / related issues

Error searching for related issues. This is most likely because the following issues don't have a related issue of the type you specified. Try narrowing your search to only include issues that contain links to related issues:" 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2020

Hi @Larry Katz 

In the version created trigger try this regular expression.

^(?!.*norelease).*$

Ravi 

Larry Katz December 21, 2020

That regex did the trick, thanks much!

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2020

Hi @Larry Katz 

Although you can do this with RegEx (lookahead I think), and so not trigger the rule to start with, you can also do this with a simple compare if you don't care about rule execution counts.  For example:

• Trigger: version created
  • Advanced condition: {{version.name}} does not equal norelease
  • Action: create your ticket

Best regards,

Bill

Larry Katz December 18, 2020

Thanks Bill,
This still triggered, I tried the second value as is, and explicitly as a string (norelease, and also "norelease")

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 2.48.54 PM.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2020

Okay, that is weird... My rule looks the same as yours, with no quotes around the test value of norelease, and it worked for me.

Please try logging the {{version.name}} before the compare to confirm what is going into the test, perhaps wrapping it to check for whitespace:

Log of current version name: ||{{version.name}}||

Is your test rule global or project-level scope, and if project-level, is your rule in the same scope? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events