Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to modify users' email address with SIL?

Bernd Lockermann July 23, 2021

Can't find a method for achieving this.

Maybe there are alternatives for an automated bulk change of the domain part of the email addresses? The instance is on-premise, version is v8.13.4

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2021

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for clarifying that they're all internal users. As such, if you have access to the database, you can follow this helpful KB article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-change-all-jira-internal-users-e-mail-domain-name-in-bulk-720635217.html

As always, test in a non-production environment, and take a database backup.

Cheers, Jimmy

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

Are the accounts all internal accounts?  Or are they external, from LDAP or some other directory?

Bernd Lockermann July 23, 2021

They are all internal accounts.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

Ok, I ask because SIL can only act on stuff that's editable inside Jira. 

However, I don't think SIL can do it, as it's only really got issue handling functions.  I've not seen it used outside working with issues.

Paul Gillis October 26, 2021

Hi Nic.  Could SIL be used to edit the email address of an inactive LDAP user account? 

Our on-prem data center uses an SSO add-on and users login to SSO with their email address. I have a user who left our company, returned and has been assigned a different user ID but the same email address. When this person tries to login to Jira, it wants to use his old inactive account.  

0 votes
Bernd Lockermann July 26, 2021

Hi Jimmy, hi Nic

Thank you for your answers! This will cut my search short.

If this is the most reasonable way to go then so it is.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events