Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to change the view options in the rule details area?

Matthew Kasper December 7, 2022

I have users wanting to set up automation rules that create multiple sub-tasks when triggered. Some of these users are looking to set up 10 or more subtasks at once. It is a bit difficult for them to update these rules though, as when looking at the rule details it only displays the issuetype being created and in which project.

It would be useful to be able to see the Summary or other fields of your choosing all in one view. I get you can click on each individual step to see it's details, but when you have an automation with a dozen or more steps it would be nice to be able to view it all at one time. Is there any way to change what information is displayed here:

automation.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2022

Hi @Matthew Kasper - this is a great idea, because yeah, that UI really sucks. I mean, what other project would a Sub-task even even be created in? That's dumb. (It's probably because they're using the same code for regular Issue creation, which could be in another project.)

Anyways, I'm not sure why, but I was able to create a Feature Request here:

AUTO-243 

So I guess folks can vote on it?

Maksim Marholin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2022

Hi @Matthew Kasper @Darryl Lee thanks a lot for your feature request!

Yes, please, vote on it once you have a chance.

Best regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events