Is there a way to automate issues like this?

Koczka Bence May 29, 2021

There are some Insight fields' values I am changing currently with simple automations.
My current rule looks like this.

1. Manual Trigger (to make testing easier)
  2. Web GET-request to an API, receive response. (from Zabbix monitoring)
  3. Send a POST API request to Insight end-point to change the value of certain field.

Currently with an automation rule like this, I can change only one attribute/rule, but there are hundreds of objects, and there are 20+ attributes to each object, I want to change.

My problem is that I have to manually set up each rule to change only one value of one object, but I need a way to change all objects' many values, using some form of automation

I am starting to think Automation for Jira may not be suitable for my purpose. Please let me know if there is a solution for this issue, or tell me what other way could I have a look at.

I hope I managed to paint a clear picture of my issue, if further clarification is neeeded, please let me know. 

1 answer

0 votes
Wouter van den Berg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2023

Hi @Koczka Bence

I don't fully understand your request but you could use advanced branching like this: 

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 12.55.05.png

With the branching you would be able to look at objects you want to update that have missing data. Use the identifier to target the webrequest so you can retrieve that data. The problem with this is that you can only iterate 50 objects with AQL branching so you should add an attribute date field that you update. In your AQL branch you make sure you skip the ones that have that date filled for today. This way you could schedule this (instead of a manual trigger) an X number of times and each time it will do another 50 objects that do not have the Last Sync Date set to today. 

To set the Last Sync Date attribute you could use {{now.format("dd/MMM/yy")}} at the end of the branch. 

The rest of the Automation rule is pretty self explanatory but feel free to reach out if you have questions. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events