Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to show a popup window with a custom message?

Jorge June 26, 2020

I'm creating an automation and when a ticket is moved to In Progress with 0 Points I would like to warn the user of this, so they take action to estimate the ticket. 

It would be helpful to have a popup window as an action so we include a message in the window indicating the fact and user just dismiss the message.

Thank you,

Jorge

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2020

Hi Jorge,

Automation doesn't currently let you pop up a modal window for the user to work with on certain actions.

However, this sounds like a case for a workflow validator. Validators check that any input made to the transition is valid before the transition is performed. Input can include that gathered from the user on the transition's screen. You could add a validator that checks your story points field to make sure it has a non-0 value. When the user tries to transition the issue, they will be prompted to set the points, or else they won't be able to transition the issue. More reading about workflows and validators is available here if you need it.

Cheers,
Daniel

Jorge July 9, 2020

Hi Daniel,

I applied the validator and is working great!

Thank you!

Jorge

Like Daniel Eads likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events