Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to show a name of a parent via smart value in automation email

Alex Shirokov May 26, 2022

Hi, 

I have a custom issue type "Risk". All my risks are children of Epics (parent). I have created an automation rule that notifies management of the risk with a high rating via email.

I cannot figure out how to include an Epic name or summary in an email via smart value. 

I figured out how to do subtasks BUT not the tasks. 

Thank you in advance, 

2 answers

1 vote
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2022

So if you are triggering off the Risk being created, then the epic will need to be associated during creation for any such epic detail to exist for use in a "issue created" automation rule.

But if that is the case then {{issue.epic.Summary)) maybe {{issue.epic.epicName}} (not sure, I haven't try that). Plus with Epic name being faded out and the use of Summary increased on cloud, I'd go with the Summary field if I were you.

Mark Chaimungkalanont
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2022

Alex, did you try: 

{{issue.epic.summary}}

That should be the correct smart value to use

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

Hi @Alex Shirokov

You can branch out to the epic and then use the create variable action to capture the epic info.

Link: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-branches/

On your email you will have to use a combination of your triggerIssue smart value and the epic issue attributes or created variables.

I hope this helps

Regards

Alex Shirokov May 28, 2022

Thank you very much for your answer. 

Is it possible to provide some examples? I tried what you suggested but failed to get an Epic info. 

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events