Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive user error from Webhook Data

Simon Shtipelman May 19, 2023

Hello,

I am working on an automation that will take information from an incoming webhook and create a ticket based off of the payload in the webhook. I am running into issue with the setting a user custom field from the payload. Audit log says the user is inactive when I know the user is active (it is me). 

Here is the log with the payload data and error. Also the smartvalue I am using to set the user field:

screenshot 1.jpgscreenshot 2.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2023

Hi @Simon Shtipelman 

After the privacy changes in Jira for GDPR, I do not believe it is possible to find a user from just their name alone.  Instead you need their account ID value to set an issue field.

Some possible work-arounds would be to:

• Send the account ID rather than the name with your webhook
  • Using another web request in the rule, call the admin REST API to get all of the users, and then find your desired account ID with a match function
  • Another work-around assumes the user has at least one other issue assigned: using JQL you can search for a user by name as it will get converted to the accountId.  Store the results with a lookup issues action, and then reference one of them to get the id with {{lookupIssues.first.assignee.accountId}}

Kind regards,
Bill

Simon Shtipelman May 24, 2023

Thanks for the help. I had the external vendor send over the email address of the user instead of the name and that worked without having to send a web request to Jira. 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events