Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having trouble setting priority field in automation for jira rule

Jay Keck November 3, 2021

I'm using Data Center and Automation for Jira. I have a basic rule that gets triggered on new issue creation and one of the things it does is set priority field. But, it keeps erroring out when trying to set it to what i picked from the pulldown. other fields I can update no problem. one thing i did notice was the the list of choices in the priority pull down when setting the rule is not the same as the priority scheme for this project, it seems to be a superset, like it's using another priority scheme. the scope of this rule is set to just one project. has anyone run into this before?

Thanks!

Jay

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2021

Hi @Jay Keck  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There is an open issue for this symptom in the automation backlog:

Kind regards,
Bill

Jay Keck November 4, 2021

Thanks Bill! So is there any workaround to allow a successful setting the priority field via automation in cases like this where the instance has multiple priority schemes?

Regards,

Jay

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2021

There wasn't a work-around listed with the ticket.  Perhaps try using the JSON edit features and set the field ID to the exact value of the priority you need:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-field-editing-json/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events