Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have set a series of sub-tasks. But I want to set the status of these sub-tasks to "To do"

Jerin Geevarghese November 14, 2021

I have set a series of sub-tasks created by an automation rule. But I want to set the status of these sub-tasks to "To do" instead of the usual "Open".

In the automation rule page I only get the option of using the additional field "current status", which as already been set to "To Do". It does not reflect in the statuses of the sub-tasks though. How can this be resolved?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2021

What does your workflow look like for subtasks? Often the initial status for issues is “To Do” not “Open”. In my mind the two statuses are the same. If your workflow has both statuses and To Do follows Open and you want. The status to be To Do then you can add an action in your automation to transition to To do.

Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2021

Interestingly, the Create Issue action does not offer the Status field as something that can be set on create.

To implement @Jack Brickey's suggestion, after the "Create Issue" action for each subtask, you'd add:

• a Branch with Type = "Most recently created issue"
  • a "Transition Issue" action with Destination status = "Open"

However, I'd also suggest you inspect the workflow. I'm wondering why newly created issues in your project aren't starting out in the status you want.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2021

Precisely 

Like Curt Holley likes this
Jerin Geevarghese November 15, 2021

Thank you for your responses.

I am not sure why it does not reflect either. But I added the transition to issue as "To do" and now it works.  :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events