Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I copied a board that has automations and I didn't receive them

Me Learning December 2, 2022

the automations did not transfer over to my board, how do I fix this?

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

Hi @Me Learning  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Automations are not based on boards, so you had to use another method. Can you share the actual automation rule and what is not working with it?

0 votes

Yes, I received a board that had automations. For example the label said Monday and the card moves to Monday. Now when I copied it over to my workspace I click on Monday and the card doesn’t move. I clicked onto automations and none of the automations that were made are on my board.

i hope this makes sense. 

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

Just to elaborate: is this for Jira or Trello?

This is for Trello. There’s no support number so it lead me here.

Chris Noble December 5, 2022

Hi @Me Learning

Not sure I understand your post but I want to help.  

You stated you received a Trello board that had automations, you copied it and now the automation rules arent listed on your board.

1) What permission level do you have on the new board?

Take a look at this Trello automation url - https://trello.com/en/guide/automate-anything

You can use that as a guide when setting up the automation rules from the original board

Me Learning December 5, 2022

Hi, I’m not sure why this is so complicated.

I received a board, (it is public) and she set up automations. I then copied the board to my workspace and the automations are not visible.

The board was not view only or only member accessible. It is in MY workspace.

I am aware of how to create automations, I don’t understand why the ones that were originally on the board DIDN’T show up when I copied the board. 

when I click on (butler) there is (no previous activity) because I did not set the automations up myself.

I don’t need to learn how to make automations I need to understand why they didn’t copy with that board, Is that feature only when you are not on the free version?? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events