Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to utilize OR condition within multiple components

Kunal Kumar March 30, 2023

I have a reqmt wherein I need to check multiple fields if they are EMPTY upon new issue creation and if yes,  then send an email to the reporter. How do I add multiple conditions in the same rule such that they use the OR condition for checking the fields ( email should be sent even if any one of the field amongst the multiple fields is EMPTY) . Currently the rule only seems to take AND conditions and only If all the specified fields are EMPTY , sends and email.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2023

Hi @Kunal Kumar -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First thing, using automation rules requires both learning and experimentation.  I encourage doing both to see what can help to solve your needs, and when you get stuck to then post a question to the community.

To get you started on creating your rule, please review this documentation and examples:

For your specific question, you may try an advanced compare condition, and use the conditional logic to build an expression for this test, using the or() function: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-conditional-logic/#or

Please note: The or() function only takes two parameters.  If you need to test more things you need to chain them together, such as with:

{{#if(or(A,or(B,C)))}} At least one thing was true {{/}}

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events