Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update multiple objects using Jira automation (Edit Assets field attributes)

Nicole October 3, 2023

I have an asset custom field (Contact (IF)) which can contain multiple values (Asset Objects).

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 15.33.00.png

I am trying to create a Jira automation rule to update the share_coverage attribute on each object using the existing values and adding new values, respectively.  
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 15.33.44.png

The automation:

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 15.34.25.png

Currently, it is concatenating all the existing attributes and updating each object with the old concatenated values as well as the new values. 

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 15.35.05.png

Instead of just adding REM to each object respectively. 

Does someone perhaps know if there is a solution for this in Jira automation?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2023

Hi @Nicole -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Would you please show you entire automation rule, including the details of the edit assets action?  That may help explain what you are observing.

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
Nicole November 6, 2023

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

Apologies. We did not manage to resolve the issue and ended up not needing it at the end of the day. I will mark the Question as answered. 

0 votes
Nicole October 4, 2023

Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 10.51.11.pngScreenshot 2023-10-04 at 10.51.26.pngScreenshot 2023-10-04 at 10.51.32.png

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

Thank you for your response. Please see attached as requested. 

Basically, the Contact (IF) custom field relates to the Contact Object Type and the Instrument (IF) custom field relates to the Share_Coverage attribute within the Contact Object. 

The issue seems to be that the automation cannot determine when the Contact (IF) field has more than one value and deal with them separately. 

Best,

Nicole

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2023

Hi, Nicole.

Would you please clarify which of your custom field id values are for which field?  That will help me understand what the branch and variable are accessing.  Thanks!

I believe you would need to confirm your last idea about "cannot determine when the Contact (IF) field has more than one value" using writes to the audit log.  Do you mean in the advanced branch or in the create variable action?

Generally, when a smart value, list has one value it may be handled as if it was a single field or a list.  When it has multiple, it is a list.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2023

Hi @Nicole 

Just following up to check if your question was resolved.  If so, please consider marking this one as "answered".  That will help others with a similar need find solutions faster.  If not, please let the community know what help you need with the rule changes.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events