Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transition parent back to QA if a subtask moves from done back to QA.

Heather M September 30, 2022

Sometimes we re-open done issues and move back to status QA or In Progress, so we're needing the parent issue to also move back to QA or In Progress.

I've successfully automated moving parent issue to done when subtasks are done but not the other way around. 

Please help. 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tharaka_Hettiarachchi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2022

Hi @Heather M ,

Please Check Following attachment

1. Trigger the issue when transition from status 'DONE' to 'QA TODO' (or inProgress)

2. Check that the triggered issue is a sub task

3. Create branch for parent

4. Create new action to transit parent issue to triggered task's status

Screenshot 2022-10-03 at 14.50.30.png

Heather M October 4, 2022

Thank you, Tharaka! I changed condition type "is one of" and now all works perfectly. IE) if I have three subtasks and one moves from Done to In Progress, then Parent Issue moves from Done to In Progress too. Jira Auto.JPG

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

Hi @Heather M and welcome to the community!

It would work similar to your existing rule:

• TRIGGER: Issue transitioned From Done
  • CONDITION: Issue Type = Sub-Task
    Note - This condition is not required if you're on a Company-Managed project
  • BRANCH (Parent)
    • CONDITION: Status = Closed
    • ACTION: Transition issue to your desired status
      Note - You can set the issue to transition to the same status as the sub-task if desired

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events