How to make the "Change completion date" populate in the ticket as a custom date picker field?

Jerin Geevarghese November 15, 2021

I created Automation rules to create sub-tasks within the main issue tickets (tasks).

These are the fields (image) I selected that should automatically pre-populate on these sub-tasks tickets.

The due date has been set & appears on the ticket (An estimated due date as per process) - By setting it as --> {{now.plusDays(2).toBusinessDay()}}

But I would like the "Change completion date" to be set as a custom date picker field that the end user can select when they actually completed the task. (Cannot use above formula as the completion date is subjected to change based on how long the process takes). How can I incorporate this?
If this is not possible, what other fields can I select to be used as a prepopulated end date field for the task?

Thank you in advanceProcess automation.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2021

Hi @Jerin Geevarghese 

I'm with @Bill Sheboy on this one....unsure of what you are asking.

If, as you say "I would like the "Change completion date" to be set as a custom date picker field that the end user can select when they actually completed the task" then the field appears to exist. If you want people to populate it, then it just needs to be added to the relevant screen/s (if it isn't already?) and not automation required.

Do I have this right?

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2021

Hi @Jerin Geevarghese 

I am unclear what you are asking.  Would you please clarify a bit:

• When do you want to set the "change completion date": when the sub-task is created automatically, or later with manual input, or...?
  • Why would you pre-populate this field, as it seems to be the date when work finished?

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events