Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a clonned issue from a project update in the other project?

I need a separete team to run their project, but I need that the issue they create clones to another project and all the changes they make in this project also updates in the other project. Basically, they need to share the issue in both projects

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Raabe Tatiane Barbosa _DHL Supply Chain_ and welcome to the community,

You could do that without cloning the issue. In Jira you can have your kanban boards with issues from different projects. You only have to change the filter behind the kanban board and the team behind project "B" will be able to see the issue created in project "A". That is the first solution

The second solution would be to use an app like Exalate. This app clones and sync the issues and whatever else you want to do.

A third option would be to create multiple jira automation rules to clone and sync the issues between projects. However this solution is something that I haven't tested, but Im pretty sure that it can be done.

Thank you for your answer! 

Unfortunatly the kanban board does not work for me on this case. I really need to sync the issues beteween projects. I could automate the clone, but I'm not being able to keep the clone sincronized in the other project. Any tips on that?

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

@Raabe Tatiane Barbosa _DHL Supply Chain_ as @Mark Segall pointed out on your other post, you can also create an additional rule to keep your issues in sync which could look like this. This assumes that you have created an issue link when you initially cloned the issue.

• TRIGGER: Issue Updated
  • BRANCH: linked issues (your link type)
    • ACTION: Edit Issue
      • Select all of the fields you wish to copy and set to copy from trigger issue

If this sounds too messy or error-prone to you, I'd recommend to either go for sharing the issue as @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ mentioned or syncing the issue using an issue sync app like @Mathieu Lepoutre _Exalate_ and @Diana_Architect_ZigiWave mentioned. For a full list of the different issue sync apps, check out the Atlassian marketplace.

Cheers,
Matthias.

PS: Please note that I'm part of the team behind Backbone Issue Sync. If you'd like to get a demo, feel free to book one here.

Like Umer Sohail _K15t_ likes this
3 votes
Mathieu Lepoutre _Exalate_ August 17, 2022

Hi @Raabe Tatiane Barbosa _DHL Supply Chain_ 

I'm working as a pre-sales engineer with Exalate.

Cloning issues between projects, is a perfect use-case for a bi-directional integration of Exalate. Through triggers this syncronization can easily be done automatically.

Exalate will work as an add-on and act as an integration tool.

The ticket will out-of-the-box be fully bi-directionally syncronized, which means, if a field gets updated on either side, it will automatically update on the other side, you can change this to make it uni-directional if you so please.

Exalate is easy and straightforward to set-up and you can control exactly which data you want to send and/or receive. 

If you would like to see a customized demo of the product, please book a slot with us. 

There is a trial periode which we can use to set-up your POC.

Cheers

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 17, 2022

@Raabe Tatiane Barbosa _DHL Supply Chain_ hello. You can easily achieve your use case with synchronization between the projects. If you're open to using a 3rd party tool for this, feel free to look at ZigiOps. It's a no-code tool that can be customized so it can fit various use cases. It can help you connect the two projects bi-directionally, sync their data, and keep them up-to-date in real-time ( a change in one of them will immediately show up in the other). Check it out and if you think it might be useful for your project, you can book a demo

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave team)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events