How to keep notification of a cloned ticket for the requester

Tony Conteiro April 19, 2023

Context

We use project A as the main (single) entry for internal requests (internal users).

When necessary, we redirect these tickets to project B or project C.

Due to internal organizational constraints: we want to keep this "redirection" method.

Goal

Our goal is to be able to redirect requests to the right teams while guaranteeing follow-up for the requester.

So: that the requester can continue to follow the ticket via the portal + that the requester receives update notifications.

Actual behavior

When we redirect tickets to these projects the requester loses the tracking.

So: the requester does not see the ticket that has been redirected and therefore does not receive any notification either.

Technical part

To do this we have created an automation that clones  tickets to other projects.Capture d’écran 2023-04-20 à 16.24.40.png

Capture d’écran 2023-04-20 à 16.25.19.png

Capture d’écran 2023-04-20 à 16.25.35.png

Capture d’écran 2023-04-20 à 16.25.42.png

3 answers

0 votes
Tony Langlet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2023

Hello @Tony Conteiro 

I've created similar solution for our escalation process in Service management. Our solution is the same as yours where we create a CLONE in a different project but we created an automation on Project B and C where actions were taken on a ticket that had been Cloned. 

The result will create a comment with all comments of the Clone source issue. 

Not the most beautiful solution but it works. 

2023-04-24 10_33_13-Automation - Jira.png

I hope you get some insight and find the solution useful in some way. 

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2023

Hi @Tony Conteiro 

For a question like this, please consider posting images of the complete automation rule and of the audit log details showing the execution.  Those will provide context to help the community offer suggestions.  Thanks!

Until we see those...When you create the original ticket (or the clone) who are your setting as the Reporter?  Could you set that as the requesting user to get the notifications needed?

Kind regards,
Bill

Tony Conteiro April 20, 2023

Hello Bill,

Thank you for the advice, I've updated my post.

I copy the reporter from the current issue. Event by doing it the requester lost (cannot see the ticket anymore) the ticket cloned.

Its maybe a permission issue ?

Kind regards

Tony

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2023

Thanks, Tony.  I appears you are also making field changes in the More Options with JSON.  Would you please show that section also?

And, if you add a write to the audit log for the reporter before you clone the issue, what do you see:

{{issue.reporter.displayName}}

Is it a valid/active user?

Tony Conteiro April 21, 2023

Hello @Bill Sheboy , actualy I don't use the JSON, it was just open for no reason.

Yes its valide users.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2023

Would you please post an image of the audit log details, showing the rule executing and cloning the issue?

Is this a company-managed or a team-managed project?  You may find that information at the bottom of the expand-panel on the left side of the page.

And would you check with your site admin to confirm there is only one field named Reporter in your Jira site?

0 votes
Tony Conteiro April 19, 2023

FYI : 

Project A (Service project) => Project B (Service project)

=> Project C (Service project)

We are using Jira Cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events