How to include Project Name in automated email

Lily Tucker-Ha January 11, 2023

Hi, please can someone help me?

I have an automation rule set up that emails an internal distribution list to say when all items in a fix version are Ready for Release. This email successfully shows the project name in the email subject and email body.

Jira question.PNG

SV email.PNG

My problem is, I have another automation rule that emails the same internal distribution list when when fix version has been released; however this email fails to show the project name.

Here is the rule detail:

failing email.PNG

In the email that is received, nothing appears for the project name. I think it might have something to do with the trigger, but my assumption is that Jira knows what project the version is associated with, so why is it not able to include the project name.

Please can someone advise, and/or provide a way for this to work? 

Many thanks in advance,

Lily

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

Hi @Lily Tucker-Ha 

This smart value will work:

{{version.project.name}}

Ste

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ this worked! Thank you so much! It saves me multiple attempts to test out all the smart value variations :D 

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

Hi @Lily Tucker-Ha 

The use {{project.name}} is the correct smart value. Can you please share your audit log? Is the the rule triggered?

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thanks for the quick response!
I'm currently attempting to adjust the rule to make it work, so I've had some config updates. However with each attempt the rule "successfully" triggers:
audit log.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events