Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do when you assigned an epic and versions to a story, also assign it to the subtasks?

David Torrente - Bibloos
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 20, 2023

How to do when you assigned an epic to a story/versions, also assign it to the subtasks?

I find that I need to apply an epic and the versions in the stories of my project and then I have to go one by one also assigning the subtasks.

Is there any automation that makes this process easier?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2023

Hi @David Torrente - Bibloos -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Are you trying to do this:

Given there is an epic which has child stories, and those stories have subtasks
When the epic has a version added to Fix Version
Then copy the Fix Version from the epic to the child stories and their subtasks

You could do that with a couple of automation rules: one to copy from epic to story, and one to copy from story to subtasks (triggered by the changes from the first story).

To get you started on creating your rule, please refer to these documentation and example sources.  Within those examples, there is at least one showing how to do this copy of a field from parent to child issues.

Kind regards,
Bill

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2023

Hi @David Torrente - Bibloos 

Just following up to check if you solved this by creating the rule, or if you needed other assistance.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events