Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do automation: if all sub-tasks have status "Ready for deploy" - make parent task status same

Kyrylo Nahornyi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 9, 2024

Hello community, please help me, i use regular functionality of jira automation and cant find how to make automation that  if all sub-tasks have status "Ready for deploy" - make parent task status "Ready for deploy" too

2 answers

2 votes
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2024

Hello @Kyrylo Nahornyi 

Probably many ways to do this but here is a suggestion.

Your trigger should check sub-tasks.

• Create new rule with trigger = issue transitioned, and choose Ready for deploy as status
  • Next do an if condition and check if Issue Type = sub-task
  • Then do another if condition, smart value check, and put: 
    • {{#issue.parent.subtasks}}{{#if(not(equals(status.name,"Ready for deploy")))}}true{{/}}{{/}}     
    • DOES NOT CONTAIN 
    • true
  • Then do a branch -> For Parent
  • do an if condition and check if Issue status != "Ready for deploy"
  • Transition it to that status.

Please implement and share rule/audit log for us to review if any issues. Thanks!

0 votes
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2024

Hi @Kyrylo Nahornyi and welcome to the Community,

the issue is, that even if you branch over the Child Issues, you won't be able to save the info whether each one is in the correct status or not. There isn't really the concept of variables in Automation.

Depending on your workflow, you could simply try to copy the Child's status to the Parent. If you have a restricted workflow the transition might not be available and the branch would run into an error. Hence the rule would only successfully run, if all children are in the correct state. But, again, this only works if you have very limited transitions in your workflow.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events