Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable Automation Notifications

Rasajna Meka March 1, 2023

If my automation is updating any field value in the issue , it consider this as issue updated and sends notification to the assignee and reporter . How to disable these notification as its spamming the reporter/assignee mail box

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2023

this-rule-should-send-emails-checkbox.PNG

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2023

I had totally forgotten about this! @Ignacio Pulgar is right. Try this instead!

Good job Ignacio!

Like Ignacio Pulgar likes this
Mike D_ January 24, 2024

I don't see that option, what am I missing? 🤔

no disable notification.png

Like Lars Malewski likes this
2 votes
Evn Tomeny _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 1, 2023

Hi Rasajna,

If I'm understanding correctly, you're going to need to update the notification scheme. You have "Reporter" and "Assignee" receiving notifications for "Issue Updated". You can probably safely remove everyone from "Issue Updated", and make sure they're in "Issue Transitioned", "Issue Commented", or whatever other actions you want to notify them about.

Notifying on every single issue update can be spammy even before you start putting Automations in place. I generally don't send this notification, but ultimately it's up to you.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2023

Hi @Rasajna Meka 

If your automation is updating any issue, then the "Issue Update" event is being fired, which it sends out notifications to all the people you have under "Issue Updated" notification.

Imo you can't block this if you are using Jira Automation, since there is no option not to send out notifications. If you were using an app like JMWE, then you would have this functionality.

Hugh Kelley April 27, 2023

Is there any way to prevent the non-email notifications from cluttering up the UI? 

Capture.JPG

Like # people like this
Mike D_ January 24, 2024

yes, what Hugh said! 👍

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2023

Hi Rasajna,

have them take themselves off from being watchers of the issue. Depending on your notification scheme, that should take care of it. But if they are watcher they will receive  everything.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events