How to create several tickets in Jira (Cloud) when Confluence page is created using ScriptRunner?

ilya-popkov August 4, 2020

Hi everyone! I need to create a several Jira tickets using information from Confluence page when Confluence page is created using ScriptRunner. The tricky part is that I'm using Cloud versions of Jira, Confluence and ScriptRunner which has limitations.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please share

P.S. If you have better idea than using ScriptRunner, please share them too :)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2020

Hi Ilya,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that you can achieve this requirement using the ScriptRunner for Confluence Cloud add on by configuring a Script Listener which is configured to create Jira issues when a page is created inside of Confluence.

I can confirm that the documentation page located here details a listener which we have built in that can be configured to create this requirement and may be something that you wish to look at to achieve your requirement.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

1 vote
Yvan Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2020

Hi @ilya-popkov

Developer from Automation here,

We do not currently support being able to trigger automation rules from Confluence at this time. This is something on our radar, but for the time being we don't have a roadmap or timeline at this stage.

We have a public ticket tracking this here: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-269

Cheers.

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2020

Hi

If you are using Jira cloud you really should use Jira Automation for this. Much easier and built into Jira. Go to: Project setting/Automation and you should be able to work it out from there

ilya-popkov August 4, 2020

@Curt Holley 

I don't see any triggers for Jira/Confluence integration opportunities, except for Incoming webhook probably.

Could you elaborate a little?

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2020

Sorry, I miss read your question (in haste) see @Yvan Martin answer.

Will be great when this is possible though!

Like ilya-popkov likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events