Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create automation rule from JIRA form to automatically calculate priority scores

Swati Sharma February 7, 2023

Hi All,

I am new user to JIRA.

While a form is getting filled in JIRA, its has fixed options in form of dropdown.

we have fixed numeric value assigned to every option selected and a formula to create priority score.

Out of the numeric values we manually calculate the priority score.

It can easily be automated as all the dropdown options has fixed numeric values. Please help me to create the automation.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

Hi Swati,

You could try creating some variables in the rule and then use the variable to assign a numeric value for calculating.

Swati Sharma February 8, 2023

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. I have created the variables and provided numeric values, how to apply that in rule JIRA Automation. How to create the rule in JIRA Cloud.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

Can you share the rule that you have created so far? 

this is the manual rule which we expect to be part of JIRA automated rule

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2023

Can you screenshot the actual rule that you have built? 

I am trying to build an automation or macro, that once the filed inputted and the form get submitted it automatically create the priority score.

Apologies, if I have created confusion but I want to know how to create the rule as I am struggling with rule creation in JIRA and not finding the relevant option.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2023
Like # people like this
Swati Sharma February 12, 2023

Thank you

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2023

You are welcome. I would love to see your finished, working rule when you get to that point. Also, feel free to ask more questions along the way to help get you there. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events