Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a trigger when a particular user assigns a ticket to another particular user?

al_s January 27, 2022

How to create a trigger when a particular user assigns a ticket to another particular user?

I have a team and sometimes a user is assigning an already overloaded user more tasks. I would like to prevent this by automatically unassigning that dev and making the task only assignable during the next grooming/planning meeting. 

3 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2022

Hi @al_s 

Two things to consider:

1. You may use the {{initiator}} smart value with a condition to check if a particular person is doing the assignment, and so triggering the rule
  2. Using a rule to do this may not solve the root cause of this symptom

Regarding item #2, I recommend having a conversation to learn more about "why" that assignment is happening, and as a team deciding how to experiment and improve.

Automation rules can help reduce redundant work, save time, prevent errors, and close gaps in missing Jira features.  They are not a good fit to solve process problems a team could address with collaboration.

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
raju mandapaka January 27, 2022

Hi @al_s 

You can use trigger issue assigned and you need to add a condition as shown in below pic.

image.png

Thanks,

Raju

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

Hi @al_s 

You can use the "Issue Assigned" Trigger in Jira Automation!! 

Thanks

al_s January 27, 2022

@Pramodh M  I need to run the trigger only when one particular user is assigning the work to the other particular user. 

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

Follow @al_s rule to check the condition

raju mandapaka January 28, 2022

Hi @al_s 

You can use below JQL

assignee = user1 AND assignee changed TO user1 BY user2

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Raju

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders