Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy Epic link from another ticket on creation

Gabriel Viger June 9, 2021

Hello everyone!

I was wondering how to copy an Epic link from another ticket (dynamically) on creation of another ticket.

My rule is:

• When: Manual Trigger
  • If: issuetype = story
  • Then: Create task, link task to trigger issue and (this is where I am stuck), copy epic link from the issue where the rule was triggered.

I tried every option possible but when defining the field epic link in the task creation part of the rule, I don't have the option to copy the epic from the trigger rule.

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

1 vote
mmorales July 6, 2022

FWIW for anyone coming here with this issue, I had noticed the `Epic Link` field to set the value to, but it lists already existing epics. 

Turns out if you start typing you will find several values `Copy from ...`... including `Copy from trigger issue`. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 3.34.12 PM.png

That's what I needed. 

Morgan Folsom
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 2, 2023

Thanks so much for adding this response! This is exactly what I needed, too. 

0 votes
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2021

Are you still stuck on this? Can you show a screenshot of your attempt? This is what I tried whilst attempting to get what you wanted;

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 4.00.55 pm.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events