Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close a ticket when all tickets correcting it are closed

Céline Levesque May 18, 2023

I created tickets which are going to help fix another ticket.

When those tickets are closed, I would like to see automatically the ticket, which has been corrected by, being closed. 

I have try many combinations to create an automatio rule but it always fails.

Sorry screenshot is in french.

Can anyone help me please? thanksjira.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

Hi Céline - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

How is it failing? What is the error message you are getting? Can you share the audit log for the issue when the rule runs? 

Céline Levesque May 19, 2023

Hi John! Thanks for your help

I don't get error message in the audit log but the status of the ticket doesn't change to "close". 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Did the rule actually run though? Because if it ran, and you don't get an error and it didn't transition the issue, then that doesn't make sense. Other than it is not meeting the Condition criteria. Can you share the audit log for when it runs? 

0 votes
Francis Batilo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2023

@Céline Levesque

Could you tell me how those tickets are connected to each other? Is it connected by an issue link, parent link or epic link?

Céline Levesque May 19, 2023

Hi Francis, thank you for your help. The tickets are connected with correction issue link : 

"will be  fixed by" and " fix"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events