Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automate the upload of the time record in Jira?

Federico
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2023

Good afternoon,
I am trying to automate the registration of time in a project, in it we use the Actual Start and Actual End fields which register Days and Hours, the problem arises with the formula that I am using which in theory should work but it does not, it The first thing I do is the following: create a flow where it is executed when the Actual End field is updated, after that it must register the time.

So in the "When" flow I use the change of values ​​of a field and in the "Then" flow I use the record time component in the same setting as the Actual Start start date and in the time spent field I put the following expression

{{issue.ActualEnd.diff(issue.ActualStart).hours.abs}}h

and i get the following error

Error attempting to register work on an issue
Worklog must not be null., Invalid time duration entered. (timeLogged)

Could you help me by indicating if it is possible to automate the registration of hours or what should I change in my expression to make it work?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Federico
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2023

Well, after running many tests, I was able to find the error, which was that I was incorrectly entering the field names. If it's useful to anyone, I created an automation where hours are logged based on 2 standard Jira fields.

{{issue.Actual End.diff(issue.Actual Start).minutes.abs}}m

I also share the images of the workflow performed so that you can recreate it. The only thing is that, since my Jira is in Spanish, you should translate the images to understand them.
 Automatizacion.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events