Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automate status updates in Jira Service Manager when linking a Ticket with a card in Jira Sof

Santri Web Programas October 6, 2023

I need help setting up an integration between Jira Service Manager and Jira Software. I would like to know how I can automate status updates in Jira Service Manager according to the workflow when I link a Ticket in Jira Service Manager with a card in Jira Software and move this card from one column to another. Is there any way to set up this automation to keep ticket status in sync automatically?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2023

You can do it with automation, use transition issue trigger then use a branch for each issue link to the trigger issue update the status

I tried to do it this way, but it doesn't change the Status. Do you have any tutorials you can give me?

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2023

Can you show us the rule you've created  please ?

Like Santri Web Programas likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2023

Hi @Santri Web Programas -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Adding to Mohamed's answer...

When you post images of your rule, please also post an image of the audit log details showing the rule execution.  Those will provide context to help the community offer suggestions.  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

Displays the following error! I do in global administration!

image.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2023

Thank you for that information.

That error describes for your global rule's transition issue action, the destination status is not available for that issue type.

Please check that you have selected a valid status for that issue type and workflow.

I redid the whole process and still got the same error! What could be happening? Can you help me with a step by step please?

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2023

The way your rule is written (based on an app translation of your rule):

• it is triggering on an issue transitioning from "To Do" to "In Development"
  • and then trying to transition that same issue to "Running"

I suspect that is not what you wanted.  Can you please confirm?

Instead you seem to want to transition a different issue.  To do that, you will need to branch to that other issue before the transition action.  If they are linked you could branch on that.  Otherwise you could use a branch on JQL.

From "TO DO" ​​to "UNDER DEVELOPMENT" is the action I will do within Jira Software.

After doing this action, I need to change the Status of my linked ticket within Jira Service.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2023

Thanks for confirming that.  Then your rule is missing a branch to that linked issue in JSM, before the transition action.

Santri Web Programas October 7, 2023

Pode me dar um Exemplo?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2023

I have already described the steps a couple of times in my posts.  The rule change would be (in italics):

• trigger
  • branch: on linked issue of your needed type
    • action: transition the issue
Santri Web Programas October 9, 2023

Obrigado! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events