Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to automate a checklist or Tasks field with smart values?

I am trying to automate a checklist style list in the description section of a Jira ticket. Or, automate tasks to populate in the ticket. The end goal is to automate a checklist of tasks that can physically be checked off. 

Any ideas would be welcome! Thank you. 

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Another option could be to use; https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220209/issue-checklist-for-jira-free?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

A little more complicated to automate but the checklist values are exposed in Jira's RESt API. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley Community Leader Oct 19, 2020

Easiest way would be to create a set of sub-tasks that can be physically moved to "Done".

Either via a manual trigger/Create Sub-task or at the start of each Sprint etc...whatever suits your situation.

I ended up using Tasklist for Jira because that is what we have in our instance. It worked by using automation to create the task itself, then in the description I used 

{tasklist}INSERT NAME OF TASKLIST{tasklist} 

this did the trick, thanks everyone 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Automation

New to Jira Automation - goodbye Cron (sort of), hello new project created trigger, new additions to

Hey Everyone! Simeon from the Automation team here. I'm delighted to share some new features and improvements that we are shipping to Jira automation (Cloud only). Firstly, @Sam Harding&nbsp...

2,794 views 10 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you