Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to attach sub-workflows to statuses of the main workflow ?

Nero Mars November 27, 2020

Hello friends! I have another problem.

I have 5 workflows that are included in the same workflow schema.
One of the workflows is the main one. The other 4 are as sub-workflows that correspond to each status in the main workflow.

I need these 4 workflows to be associated with the statuses of the main workflow. That is, when I create a issue, it should have the first status of the first sub-workflows.
Further, it is also necessary that there was a transition from the last status of a sub-workflow to the first status of the next sub-workflow.

I think it can be done with groovy (may be by post functions), but have no idea how to implement it.
Perhaps I did not fully describe everything. I can tell you in detail if you need.

I will be glad to receive your answers!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2020

There is no such thing as sub-workflows as you have defined them here.  By definition of status, an issue can only be in one istatus at a time, otherwise your reporting on status is nonsense.

You will either need to define your status as a single level and then build something that groups status together (similar to the status category that jira has already) or start breaking your issues down into sub-tasks that block the movement of their parents forward until they are complete.

Nero Mars December 3, 2020

Thanks Nic!
I think I figured out how to solve this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events